You are now signing to THE legal part , when does my new name start?

I am often asked what happens here. The main question is “Do I sign my existing name or my new married name?” Such a practical question! The answer is that you sign in your existing name on all documents. There is the Celebrants Register, a Form that will be posted into Births Deaths and Marriages and a Government issued and numbered Marriage Certificate, that I will present straight after the signing . The next question is usually “ Is this the Marriage Certificate we use to take to the RTA, to change my name on my passport etc to formally change my name? The answer is No as this definitely says you are married but it is the formal one that arrives in 4 – 6 weeks later from Births Deaths and Marriages that is the one that you use for that. It will appear just like a Birth Certificate so not saying Mr and Mrs as such as then everyone has the choice to whether they keep their own name or change.

SAMS TIP: BUT I would say is that the Marriage Certificate I present on the day is very handy to take on your honeymoon (make a photocopy and leave the copy at home) as often it is needed to prove that you are on a honeymoon to get all those delicious extras!

Great Experiences
What they say

Keegan and Janika say……..

Thank you so so much Sam for your absolutely BEAUTIFUL ceremony. You were the perfect...

read more

Video Testimonial

Tim and Tash say I do

Sam's Blog

Tim and Tash say I do

I have had the honour of being asked to marry close friends again in the NT outback at Gorrie Station! To give you an idea this it is literally 100...

read more | 0417 861 045

ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? ME TOO! click to like me on Facebook

DO YOU TWEET? ME TOO! click to follow me on Twitter

© Married By Sam 2011 All Rights Reserved :: Website by Giant Media :: ADMIN